Monday, September 12, 2005

55, not 42

These are mostly to prove to Mustang that I can manages sentences in less than 55 words. But may be I can't.....since I got carried away, and came up with two quick tales, which total to 110 words.

********* Tale 1 *********

Rajamma worked hours daily without rest. Her day started at dawn, when the sun’s rays struck. She had no worldly possessions. The day would be spent scavenging. Every discarded morsel of food was collected and carried back, on her head. Back home, to feed starving children. And please her queen. Worker ants had no choice.

********* Tale 2 *********

Manish was a regular kid. He went to school, and hated math. Playing cricket was his greatest joy. After school he would run to the ground and join his team. Then they would play. He would grab the bat, stand and wait. And listen for bells on the rolling ball. His ears were his eyes.

************

It's a fun exercise. So go join the bandwagon.

15 comments:

Michael Higgins said...

Hi Sunil
Excellent.
I like the twist in the first story - quite amusing.

Anonymous said...

superb!

Minal said...

Hey Sunil,

The first was one was great:-)
I wonder how you all do it!

This short story stuff, wonder If I can give it a shot. I've just been bad at story-telling and now you are asking us to do one in 55 words:-)

The ramblings of a shoe fiend said...

fun isn't it? good stuff

Michael Higgins said...

Hi Sunil
I was inspired to write this.

gawker said...

The question is why does Rajamma continue to feed Jayalalitha?

Sunil said...

Thank you Michael. Minal.....just start writing, something will appear. It's great fu, shoe fiend!

Gawker, Rajamma feeds Jayalalitha, because she has no choice :-)))

Sujatha Bagal said...

Sunil,

Good ones, both of them! May be I can give it a shot...

Anonymous said...

Your post reminded me of O'Henry's
short stories...

Sunil said...

Thanks Sjuatha. Rajeshwari......that's very high praise indeed, but i'm just a pale amateur.

Anonymous said...

Agreed, the word 'short stories' and the twist(you have tried to create) at the end of your story brought back his name(which I has almost forgotten) to my mind.

Minal said...

Hi,
An amateur first attempt here.

Anonymous said...

hey cool stuff! really!

Sunil said...

Glad you remembered O'Henry, Rajeshwari.....now it's time to curl up with one of his collected short stories.

Minal...good stuff.

Thanks Truman.

Anonymous said...

Once I played wow, I did not know how to get strong, someone told me that you must have wow gold. He gave me some World of Warcraft Gold, he said that I could buy wow gold, but I did not have money, then I played it all my spare time. From then on, I got some warcraft gold, if I did not continue to play it, I can sell cheap wow gold to anyone who want.